Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hoisin "Cutie" Chicken



I have a new addiction... an addiction so sweet it just cannot be stopped ;) O those lil, cute, adorable mandarin oranges are all rage in my diet!!! My addiction has gone so far to actually travel with them for something sweet to eat in the car to bringing them to other people's houses. Ooooo how they make me smile. 

After traveling all weekend, I knew I needed to make sure and cook up a healthy meal so that it was ready to go for my crazy week ahead. A nice Asian dish was on my mind... an Asian dish with a touch of sweetness. HELLO CUTIES!

Recipe:

2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 package sugar snap peas
1 red pepper, chopped
1 pkg. steamed rice (any variety)
1 tablespoon hoisin
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1- 2 cuties, zest and juice needed
salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste

In a large skillet brown chicken breasts with onion, garlic powder salt and pepper. While chicken is cooking prepare steamed rice in the microwave or prepare any rice that works for you (2 cups). Set rice aside. Once chicken is cooked through add in veggies and saute until veggies are warmed through. Stir in rice. Season with hoisin, soy sauce, zest and juice of a cutie. Stir until evenly coated. Enjoy!!

Makes 4 servings with 208 calories and 1... yes 1 gram of fat!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment