Monday, March 18, 2013

Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal



Ever since I made the baked apples I have been wanting to do a full on baked oatmeal. After lots of research, I finally wanted to try my own. The result was super tasty...and perfect for a cold winter morning or a burst of energy snack in the afternoon :) I was even more impressed with myself and I threw this bad boy in the oven while I did my nightly work out... yahooo!

Recipe:

3 cups oats (I used quick but since it cooks for awhile you could pry use any)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used plain but a flavored may be fun)
1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon (pending how much you prefer)
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg
1 cup skim milk
1 cap full of vanilla
1 tablespoon baking powder

Garnish Ideas: drizzle of honey, greek yogurt, milk... the options are endless

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray (I used a casserole dish). In a mixer, combine the above ingredients until mixed and do not over beat. Bake covered for 20 minutes and then uncovered for 25 minutes or until the crust/top is golden brown. Serve. Devour. Enjoy :) 

This lil joy of goodness makes enough for 10 servings at 150 calories and 2 gram of fat.

1 comment: