Monday, January 14, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pasta

For the past few weeks I have partaken in a weightless challenge group. I have nothing but great things to say about my peers, coach and program that I am involved in. I have though finally hit that time where I WANT BAD FOR ME FOOD!!! After controlling myself at PF Changs and holding back at the movie theater it was time for something hearty. Hearty and something that contained bacon :) My challenge... to make it healthy!

Over the weekend, I slow cooked 8 chicken breasts in the slow cooker. My plan was to take half of the chicken and shred it for BBQ chicken tacos. As of yesterday, I wasn't feeling that idea and it was time to change. I still craved that BBQ but craved bacon as mentioned above. What better than to combine the two into a gluten free pasta dish that is just delish! Guilt is not included in this dish!

"OFFICALLY HUBBY APPROVED :) "


Recipe:

4 strips low sodium gluten free bacon, chopped 
4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 bottle BBQ sauce (I use Cookies as I love the flavor and its gluten free)
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 package gluten free noodles of choice (mine are brown rice)

In a large pot bring water to a boil and cook noodles until al dente. In a large skillet,  cook bacon until starting to slightly crisp. To the skillet add chicken and BBQ sauce. Let simmer while pasta is cooking (10 minutes). Once the pasta is cooked at the noodles to the BBQ chicken mixture. If "sauce" seems to thick add some pasta water to loosen. Fold in cilantro. Let simmer 5 minutes or until the cilantro permeates the mixture. Enjoy!

** 4 slices of bacon cooked equals 14 grams of fat. Divide that by 6 servings and it equals 2.33 grams of fat per serving from the bacon. Doesn't sound guilty to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment