Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Sizzler Stuffed Peppers

For years my husband has been in love with anything that contains peppers, onions, meat and cheese! In trying to make healthier meals, I thought it would be good to shove all the things that he likes into a stuffed pepper. It was not only healthy but full of flavor and ridiculously easy!



Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 onion chopped
1 drizzle EVOO
2 garlic cloves mince (I micro-plane mine)
4 large peppers
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mozzarella and mild cheddar)

Drizzle olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add chicken to skillet and brown until cooked through. Cut tops off of peppers and discard tops and innards. Place into a shallow baking dish. Spoon chicken mixture into each pepper until full. Sprinkle each filled pepper with Italian seasoning then top off with cheese. Before placing in a 425 degree oven add water to your pan until the water hits 1/4 up the pepper. Bake peppers for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Enjoy!

Excited to see what the hubs says tonight about this one :)

2 comments:

  1. These sound fantastic! Can't wait to try them. Your blog is going to be my regular dinner inspiration...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were great! They'd be super great on the grill in the summer too :)

      So glad you like my blog!! I really enjoy sharing the things that I make both the actual food or recipe ;)

      Delete