Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tast of Pho

I am officially on the bandwagon and consider myself a Pho junkie. It is magnificent and warms my soul! Just the mention of it and I start to drool. As I was grocery shopping this morning I felt the craving come over myself so I thought.. why not try to make it. As I went through the isles, I picked up the ingredients I thought I would need. Turns out I didn't get them all so I improvised. Though it isn't the real deal... my recipe is quick, easy and delish! Most importantly it was picky husband approved!!!! YAHOO!



Ingredients:

1/2 onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 box reduced sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons hoisin
8 oz thinly sliced beef
1-2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Rice noodles

Cook rice noodles per directions on the packaging. In a small pot, cook onions in olive oil until translucent and add in garlic. De-glaze pan with soy sauce and pour in beef broth. Add in hoisin sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sliced beef. Bring to a low simmer and add mushrooms. After simmering for a few minutes add in 1/2 the cilantro. Serve over rice noodles and garnish with cilantro. 

In future endeavors, I plan to add more of the traditional ingredients of lemongrass, bean sprouts, etc. But for today this totally hit the spot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment