Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Beef Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce


In the midst of making the Pho this weekend I felt I would take a dabble at cooking something in bulk. This way my husband and I would have great food for the entire week. So far I have only gotten to the Pho and this recipe (chicken breasts are still in the fridge... lol) but slow and steady wins the race ;) 

My Slow Cooker Beef Tacos with Cilatro Lime Sauce do take a bit of time but the time that it takes is when the beef is in the slow cooker or simply when you are shredding the beef. All-in-all easy peasy lime squeezy :) 

Today I made tacos with the meat but I am planning on using its goodness for some burrito bowls and/or some stuffed peppers later in the week. YAY BEEF!

Meat:
1 3-4lb roast (I had a chuck roast but any would work)
1drizzle of EVOO
1/2 onion chunked
6 whole cloves garlic
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 bunch cilatro chopped
Pepper to season

Set your slow cooker to low for 6 hours. Place the onion and garlic into the bottom creating a bed for the roast. Drizzle with a bit of EVOO and season with pepper and taco seasoning. Close the lid and let the slow cooker do its thing. Half way through the cooking process flip the roast so that the seasoned side is now in its juices and scatter cilantro. Finish cooking the rest of the time. 

Now you may take the roast out of the slow cooker and shred but I prefer to chill it over night in the fridge. I do this so it is easier for me to pull any extra fat off of the beef and disgarding the juices making the meal much healthier. I then shred away. Once you are ready to enjoy you can just take whatever beef you are wanting to make and heat it up. If you feel that the beef is a bit dry you can add a ladle full of its juices into the meat to help with that... much of this will depend on what sort of roast you choose. 


Sauce:
1 cup greek plain yogurt
1-2 tsp lime juice
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients to create sauce. Add as much or as little lime to your liking. Super easy... super tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment